The L2L Program provides students with training to help them develop the skills they need to effectively support, and tutor their peers. One of the fundamental components of the program is the L2L Trainers.
The L2L Team includes over 30 Trainers, each with over 25 years of experience as teachers, and administrators in the Canadian public education system.
What do L2L Trainers do?
As the faces of the L2L Program in the schools, L2L Trainers are key members of the L2L Team. They deliver L2L Tutor Training, oversee the implementation of tutoring sessions, lead review sessions, and collaborate with the School Coordinators to ensure the success of the program. L2L Trainers are volunteers who receive an honorarium for their work.
Profile of L2L Trainer
Are you interested in becoming an L2L Trainer?
Real stories, Real impact…
The best way [to learn] something is to teach it
– Lara Ocalan
Celebrate our 20th Anniversary by giving students access to the L2L Program
Frequently asked questions
The L2L program model is simple and flexible, which makes it easily adaptable to suit the particular needs of any given school. The following 4 core elements are common to every school:
- 2-3 tutor training sessions with an L2L trainer
- 10 hours of one-on-one peer-tutoring sessions
- Group review and debrief meetings between L2L tutors and trainers after intervals of 3, 6 and 10 tutoring sessions
- Final celebration and certificate distribution ceremony
L2L Trainers have a passion for learning and for helping others, are creative problem solvers, and believe that all students can succeed under the right conditions with appropriate support. Relevant experience includes
– Experience teaching in a classroom/group setting
– Leadership Development Training
– Knowledge of Multiple Intelligences, Mindsets and Learning Styles
If you are interested in becoming an L2L Trainer, contact us at info@L2L.ca
Are you interested in participating in the L2L Program?
We are an affiliate of International Development and Relief Foundation (IDRF).
Registered Charity: 867961013RR0001